Couple who have covered their Fenland home with flags admit to being “a bit obsessive” about World Cup
- Credit: Archant
Soccer mad Paul and Kay Skutela admit to being “a bit obsessive” after explaining why they have decorated their home in England flags ahead of the World Cup.
What began with the 2006 World Cup has moved on through 2010 and now to 2014 as the number of flags has grown to cover the entire front of their home.
Kay says she held the ladder whilst husband Paul put up the flags at their home in Peterborough Road, Whittlesey.
The Arsenal supporting duo has lived in their present home for 14 years and say neighbours and passers by enjoy the spectacle,
“Motorists beep as they pass,” said Mrs Skutela.
You may also want to watch:
And England needn’t worry too much even if they get eliminated early in the competition.
The Skutelas say they will keep the flags on their home even if England comes home early!
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'