Suspected hare coursers reported to court after being spotted by RCAT officers on A141 between Chatteris and Doddington
- Credit: Twitter/@FenCops
Three men have been reported to court on suspicion of hare coursing after they were spotted in a Fenland field.
Their mobile phones were seized and each male was reported for coursing by Cambridgeshire Police's Rural Crime Action Team (RCAT).
They were spotted in a field off the A141 between Chatteris and Doddington just before 11am on Tuesday, October 8.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "We were called just before 11am with reports of hare coursing on the A141 between Chatteris and Doddington.
"Officers from the force's Rural Crime Action Team attended the area and located three men with dogs at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
"The men were interviewed at the scene and reported to court, with a summons due to be issued in due course."
Anyone who sees hare coursing taking place is asked to contact police immediately on 999.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
They are asked to provide officers with a description of the people involved, any registration numbers and vehicle descriptions and the location and direction of travel.
The spokesman added: "Its important people don't confront hare coursers or put themselves at risk.
"If you have information about hare coursing and it's not currently happening, or have been a victim of the crime, please call 101 or report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report.
"If a crime is in progress call 999."
For more information and advice on hare coursing visit: www.cambs.police.uk/news-and-appeals/public-urged--help-tackle-hare-coursing