Courting your opinion
WISBECH Courthouse, home of Fenland magistrates, is about to celebrate its 50th anniversary – and the magistrates are eager to hear any memories of the court. They are organising events to mark the occasion, which will include open days for secondary scho
WISBECH Courthouse, home of Fenland magistrates, is about to celebrate its 50th anniversary - and the magistrates are eager to hear any memories of the court.
They are organising events to mark the occasion, which will include open days for secondary school students and one for the public on Saturday, April 28.
When the courthouse opened in 1957 there were two Benches of magistrates using the court - the Isle and Town. The magistrates are keen to share the history of the court and particularly want to hear from former magistrates and judges who have sat in Wisbech court.
Perhaps you have a story to tell of appearing as a defendant, witness or advocate. Do you have any information about the building and opening of the court?
You may also want to watch:
If you can help in any way, contact David Lilley, Peterborough Magistrates' Court, Bridge Street, Peterborough, PE1 1ED.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash