Covid blow to pub forced to close and cancel Euro 2020 final
- Credit: The Crown
Doors to a Littleport pub remained shut on Sunday for the Euro 20202 final after isolated cases of Covid-19 among customers.
The Crown Inn posted a message to Facebook on Saturday saying the pub will stay shut until July 16.
"We have done everything in our power to protect our customers from this virus since reopening,” says a message on the pub’s Facebook page.
“Unfortunately, it appears that someone came into the pub on Saturday July 3, unaware that they had Covid.
“This has now spread and we have received news of two positive PCR positive cases.”
You may also want to watch:
The pubs says it made the decision to close following support and help from the environmental health officer at East Cambs Council.
"We have now had the pub deep cleaned and we have spoken again to the environmental health about more positive cases.”
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 5 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
Publicans Sara and Robbie says they also contacted other pubs in the village “to make them aware as some of our customers visit all venues”.