‘Ridiculous selfish idiots’: Pictures show empty shelves in Aldi and Lidl as shoppers panic buy amid coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Supplied/Facebook
Pictures have emerged of empty shop shelves in March and Chatteris amid the on-going coronavirus outbreak.
Shared on one of the local discussion groups on social media, snaps show empty fresh meat cabinets, an empty cleaning product section and lack of tinned goods.
The images were taken inside Lidl supermarket in March and Aldi in Chatteris and come during the wide-spread COVID-19 pandemic.
Angry residents have slammed those &rlquo;panic buying’ as the virus spreads across the UK, with one person branding people “selfish”.
Commenting under the photos, one person said: “Clearly people don’t listen to the &rlquo;do not bulk buy’ requests.”
You may also want to watch:
Another said: “It’s just ridiculous. Were they limiting bulk buyers? Some very selfish and greedy people that’s for sure.”
Another added: “I wish people would stop all this it’s selfish.”
To get the latest coronavirus news from Cambridgeshire and Fenland, join our Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/CambridgeshireCoronavirusNews
Has coronavirus panic buying affected you or someone that you know? Tell us your story, email: email@example.com
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital