‘Ridiculous selfish idiots’: Pictures show empty shelves in Aldi and Lidl as shoppers panic buy amid coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Supplied/Facebook
Pictures have emerged of empty shop shelves in March and Chatteris amid the on-going coronavirus outbreak.
Shared on one of the local discussion groups on social media, snaps show empty fresh meat cabinets, an empty cleaning product section and lack of tinned goods.
The images were taken inside Lidl supermarket in March and Aldi in Chatteris and come during the wide-spread COVID-19 pandemic.
Angry residents have slammed those &rlquo;panic buying’ as the virus spreads across the UK, with one person branding people “selfish”.
Commenting under the photos, one person said: “Clearly people don’t listen to the &rlquo;do not bulk buy’ requests.”
Another said: “It’s just ridiculous. Were they limiting bulk buyers? Some very selfish and greedy people that’s for sure.”
Another added: “I wish people would stop all this it’s selfish.”
To get the latest coronavirus news from Cambridgeshire and Fenland, join our Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/CambridgeshireCoronavirusNews
Has coronavirus panic buying affected you or someone that you know? Tell us your story, email: email@example.com
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 9 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday