University Centre West Anglia student veterinary nurses celebrate induction week with a day of punting in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Veterinary nurse students from the College of West Anglia’s Cambridge campus in Milton took part in a day of punting on the river Cam to mark the close of their induction week.
Twenty-six student veterinary nurses took part in the afternoon event, which was organised in conjunction with Anglia Ruskin University (ARU) and UcWA as part of their induction programmes. It was a time for the students to come together and get to know one another before their programmes of study begin.
The students are entering into their first year of study for the qualifications BSc (Hons) in veterinary nursing with applied animal behaviour or an FdSc in veterinary nursing with applied animal behaviour. The programmes are delivered in partnership between the UcWA and ARU at the Cambridge Campus in Milton, Cambridge.
Other events that took place during their induction week included a tour of the CWA Milton campus to get to grips with the facilities, such as the animal unit, equine yard, equine therapy unit, dog kennels that are all housed there.
Students also spent the morning at ARU’s brand new lab in their science centre to complete their lab inductions.
You may also want to watch:
Another student, Faith Neal said “This is a challenging course however there is a lot of support around us from lecturers and our fellow students. The lectures are enjoyable and engaging which help us to remember the content needed to take us forward in our dream career.”
One student, Harriet Pigney, said: “I had so much fun and it was an amazing experience, I’ll remember always. Luckily, none of us fell in and we are all made it back to dry land safely.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
For more information on the full range of higher education courses offered at UcWA, visit: email@example.com or book onto an open day on November 17 at ucwa.ac.uk/openday