Cowardly thieves steal military medals in Witchford raid
BURGLARS stole five medals earned through service in various conflicts during a burglary in Witchford.
Medals given in recognition for serving in Bosnia, Kosovo and Iraq were taken during the break-in, along with a United Nations medal and a long service and good conduct medal.
The burglars also took cash, computer equipment, jewellery, MP3 players and a mobile phone from the home in Grunty Fen Road.
The burglary happened between 11.40am and 1pm on November 13.
Police have released similar images of the Iraq medal in the hope it will help trace the stolen items.
You may also want to watch:
PC Rachel Loveridge, investigating, said: “I would appeal to people to take a look at the medals as they are quite distinctive. They have also been engraved and are of huge value to the victim.
“I would urge anyone who has been offered the medals for sale or has any information to call police.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
Anyone with any information should call PC Loveridge on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.