Craft shop that supports those with learning disabilities to open in Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
A group of people with learning disabilities are combining their love of crafting with their ambition to gain employment skills by opening a new craft shop in Whittlesey.
82 Crafts and Creations, on Eastgate Mews, will open its doors on Friday December 9 and will offer an array of Christmas craft products.
The shop is being supported by Thera East Angla, a non-profit organisation which supports local people with learning disabilities.
Thera has also set up agreements with local crafters to showcase and sell their works.
Any profit made will be re-invested into the business to provide more opportunities for people with learning disabilities.
You may also want to watch:
The grand opening takes place at 9.30am.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend