Craft shop that supports those with learning disabilities to open in Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
A group of people with learning disabilities are combining their love of crafting with their ambition to gain employment skills by opening a new craft shop in Whittlesey.
82 Crafts and Creations, on Eastgate Mews, will open its doors on Friday December 9 and will offer an array of Christmas craft products.
The shop is being supported by Thera East Angla, a non-profit organisation which supports local people with learning disabilities.
Thera has also set up agreements with local crafters to showcase and sell their works.
Any profit made will be re-invested into the business to provide more opportunities for people with learning disabilities.
You may also want to watch:
The grand opening takes place at 9.30am.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 4 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 5 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 8 Free bus travel for 16 to 18 year-olds pledged by Labour candidate for mayor
- 9 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 10 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council