Driver left ‘shocked’ after crashing into wall at George Clare Surgery in Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
An elderly driver has caused damage to a Fenland doctors surgery after crashing his car into a wall, police have confirmed.
Police, fire and ambulance were spotted in Chatteris following the incident at the George Clare Surgery on Monday, November 25 at around 2.45pm.
On social media, an eye witness said: "It was an elderly chap who hit the wall of the surgery.
"He didn't go through the wall but it has left cracked brickwork. He was helped out of his car by staff and taken into the surgery in a wheelchair.
"He just appeared shocked but I am not a Doctor! I would guess that his foot slipped on the controls as he was parking."
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "We were called at 2.43pm with reports of a single-vehicle collision in Swan Drive, Chatteris.
"Damage was caused to the George Clare Surgery building as a result of the collision.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
"No injuries have been reported and no arrests made."
One resident said: "Well I hope they haven't caused too much damage to the surgery, structure wise because that's the last thing the town needs."