Huh?! Land Rover lands on its side while HGV lorry leaves road on same road at same time in separate incidents
- Credit: Twitter/@FenCops
Two vehicles crashed on a quiet Cambridgeshire road at the same time but in separate incidents.
Police were called to rescue two drivers on Monday, October 14 after both left Gull Road in Guyhirn in two separate crashes.
Officers were called to the Fen road at around 12pm after reports came in of a large HGV lorry leaving the road, as well as a Land Rover on its side.
Police released pictures through their social media of the car in a field nearly on its roof - just yards away was the white cargo lorry - carrying gas cylinders - in the ditch.
The road had to be closed while recovery for both vehicles took place in what police are describing as two different scenarios.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "We were aware of the HGV off the road at Gull Road in Guyhirn. It is now re-opened following recovery.
"We were called at about 11.45am to reports of a single vehicle collision involving a Land Rover on Gull Road, Guyhirn. Officers attended the scene. No injuries reported."
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
Both crashes - which are now fully cleared - occurred in the same area around the same time but are unconnected.