Creative networking event in Cambridge sees business community join together for successful networking evening
- Credit: Archant
More than 50 people attended a networking event for entrepreneurs in Cambridge.
We, The Creators: Cambridge – was free to attend and offered the business community the chance to speak to like-minded individuals about their passions, experience and motivations, over cocktails, snacks and music.
The evening centred around a panel discussion, which featured Clare Sutcliffe MBE (co-founder of Code Club), Colin Miles (CEO of Somersault), Ali Dover (professional photographer and blogger) and was overseen by Christine Kim (director of strategic partnerships at Simprints).
We, the Creators: Cambridge is part of a summer event series from WeWork in celebration of The Creator Awards – a global competition which helps individuals, start-ups and SMEs with the extra funding they need to take their ideas to the next stage.
The awards are available to ‘creators’ in three different categories - ‘Performing Arts’, ‘Nonprofit’ and ‘Business Ventures’ - with the intention of offering an opportunity to as many different people as possible.
You may also want to watch:
Entrants are invited to apply via a simple online form and finalists for each category will then be invited to pitch their projects and businesses at the UK’s Regional Finals in October.
Visit www.creatorawards.wework.com for more information.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend