Creative Morgan is recognised for her logo design by Chatteris Cycling Club
- Credit: Archant
The award was presented at the recent town midsummer festival and was given in recognition of 10-year-old Morgan’s artistic creativeness.
Chatteris Cycling Club encouraged local schools to enter a competition to design the new club logo.
Matt Waters, chairman of the cycling club said: “We looked to the local children to come up with a concept. Interest in cycling peaks with the Tour de France but as a new club we set our goals at providing a fun and professional club in which juniors and youth riders play a huge part.”
Morgan’s entry was chosen from a surprisingly large number of entrants from five schools.
The committee members chose the design which cleverly incorporated the club’s three Cs in a dynamic way, highlighting the club’s colours.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Haggata presented Morgan with her certificate of achievement from Matt Waters together with a signed copy of Chris Boardman’s biography, a WH Smith’s voucher and some other goodies.
He said: “Morgan has done very well in winning the competition from so many entries. Her achievement will be remembered for many years, you’re a great example for other local children.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour