Crew tackles Chatteris chimney fire

Fire-tape-1

- Credit: Archant

Firefighters battled for nearly two and a half hours to put out a chimney fire yesterday.

At 7.30pm, one crew from Chatteris and a turntable ladder from Dogsthorpe were called to a house on Forty Foot Bank in Chatteris.

They accessed the chimney using the turntable ladder and extinguished the fire, which was caused accidentally, before returning to their stations by 9.55pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter