Crew tackles Eastrea chimney fire

Fire-tape

- Credit: Archant

Firefighters tackled a chimney fire in Eastrea yesterday.

A crew from Whittlesey was called to a chimney fire, which was caused accidently, in Coates Road at 4.50pm.

Chimney rodding was used to extinguish the blaze and the crew returned to their station by 5.55pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter