Crew tackles Gorefield chimney fire

Fire-tape

- Credit: Archant

Firefighters tackled a chimney fire in Gorefield on Thursday.

A crew from Wisbech was called to the fire at a detached bungalow in High Road at 3.50pm.

They extinguished the fire, which was caused accidently, and returned to their stations by 5.15pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter