Crew tackles unattended bonfire in March prompting fire service appeal to take care
- Credit: Archant
Fire chiefs have issued a safety warning after a crew tackled an unattended bonfire at a building site yesterday.
At 4.57pm, a crew from March was called to an unattended bonfire in Peashill Road, March. Black smoke was billowing from the site.
Firefighters used hose reels to extinguish it and returned to their station by 5.40pm.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
A Cambs Fire spokesman said: “Bonfires can quickly become out of control and spread to houses, trees and fencing - especially when they’re left unattended. We would advise anyone to avoid having a bonfire and instead take material to a local waste and recycling site.
You may also want to watch:
“If you do choose to have a bonfire, then ensure it is built well away from trees, foliage and other property. Pay attention to the weather, including wind direction, and never leave it unattended.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Man found dead in March