Firefighters called to separate blazes within three days
- Credit: Facebook/Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service
A building and chimney caught fire in Whittlesey in the space of three days.
Firefighters from Stanground and another crew from Thorney were called to a building fire on Station Road at 5.56am today (Monday), where they found the fire in an outdoor compactor.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used two hose reels to extinguish the fire.
“The cause of the fire was accidental. Crews returned to their station by 8am.”
On February 26, a crew from Whittlesey were called to a chimney fire on Cambers New Drove just after 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
A Cambs Fire spokesman said: “Firefighters used chimney rods to extinguish the fire, before returning to their station by 9.40pm.
“Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and brick work inspected at least once a year, preferably before lighting it when the cold weather arrives. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 3 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 4 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 5 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 6 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault