Crews from Whittlesey and Stanground praised for stopping fire from spreading that could have turned into ‘significant incident’
- Credit: Archant
Crews were praised for stopping a fire from spreading that could have turned into a “significant incident”.
Fire fighters from Whittlesey and Stanground were called to a building fire in Station Road, Whittlesey, early yesterday.
A fire had broken out in an industrial compact machine in a cardboard factory.
A large amount of smoke was issuing from the building when crews arrived and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used jets and hose reels to extinguish the fire by 8.05am.
Station commander Jamie Johnson said: “Crews worked extremely hard and managed to successfully stop the fire spreading and developing into a significant incident.
You may also want to watch:
“The company has also expressed their sincere thanks for the swift response and intervention by crews.
“Positive pressure ventilation fans were used to clear smoke from the property.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
The cause of the fire was accidental.