Crews tackle Doddington house fire caused by cooking mishap

PUBLISHED: 09:43 12 September 2014 | UPDATED: 09:43 12 September 2014

Fire

Fire

Archant

Two crews tackled a house fire in Doddington caused by a cooking mishap this morning.

At 7.25am, one crew from Chatteris and one crew from March were called to a house in Ingles Lane, Doddington.

A fire had broken out involving a grill pan in the kitchen.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish it by 8am.

A Cambs Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “This fire started in the kitchen when a resident became distracted while cooking. Luckily they called the fire service and everyone was out of the property when we arrived.

“The fire was contained to the cooking area but the kitchen and adjoining rooms have suffered some smoke damage.

“We would urge residents to ensure they never leave cooking unattended and try to not get distracted while food is on the go. “Breakfast can be a hectic time in some households but make sure if you’ve got your hob or grill on that you give it your full attention.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Cambs Times. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Cambs Times