Crews tackle Doddington house fire caused by cooking mishap
- Credit: Archant
Two crews tackled a house fire in Doddington caused by a cooking mishap this morning.
At 7.25am, one crew from Chatteris and one crew from March were called to a house in Ingles Lane, Doddington.
A fire had broken out involving a grill pan in the kitchen.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish it by 8am.
A Cambs Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “This fire started in the kitchen when a resident became distracted while cooking. Luckily they called the fire service and everyone was out of the property when we arrived.
You may also want to watch:
“The fire was contained to the cooking area but the kitchen and adjoining rooms have suffered some smoke damage.
“We would urge residents to ensure they never leave cooking unattended and try to not get distracted while food is on the go. “Breakfast can be a hectic time in some households but make sure if you’ve got your hob or grill on that you give it your full attention.”
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 3 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 4 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 7 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 8 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story