Crews tackle sunbed blaze at Wisbech tanning salon, which was caused by electrical fault
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
An electrical fault caused a sunbed to catch fire at a tanning salon in Wisbech.
Firefighters were called to the shop, in Norfolk Street, shortly after 11.30am on Wednesday.
Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters extinguished the blaze and ventilated the property. The shop was evacuated before the crew arrived.
Watch commander John Chelton said: “The shop was smoke logged when we arrived.
“A member of staff had begun to tackle the fire using a dry powder extinguisher beforehand. We ventilated the property and ensured the fire was completely extinguished.
You may also want to watch:
“We would encourage staff working in any business to evacuate the premises immediately after discovering a fire, closing doors along the way, and to dial 999.
“Never put your life at risk to attempt to extinguish a fire.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 9 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
Firefighters left the scene shortly after 12.30pm.