Crews tackle two Whittlesey fires
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled two blazes in the space of a couple of hours in Whittlesey on Wednesday.
One crew from Whittlesey, one crew from Stanground and one crew from Thorney were called to a chimney fire in The George Hotel, Market Place, at 11.55am.
Firefighters used hose reels to extinguish the fire, which was caused accidentally, before returning to their stations by 1pm.
A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year.
“This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
You may also want to watch:
One crew from Whittlesey and one crew from Stanground were called to a shed fire in Benwick Road, Whittlesey, at 1.40pm.
They found a diesel generator on fire, which had been removed by a farmer from within a shed.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reels to extinguish the fire and returned to their stations by 2.40pm.
The cause of the fire was accidental.