Man in court following armed robbery at service station
- Credit: Archant
A man is due in court today (Monday August 23) in connection with an armed robbery at a service station in Chatteris.
Police were called at 8.29pm on Saturday evening (August 21) with reports of a gun-point robbery at Applegreen Services in Bridge Street.
No one was injured during the incident.
Shane Richards, 29, of Treeway in Chatteris, was arrested in the town just after midday yesterday afternoon (Sunday August 22).
He has since been charged with robbery and being in possession of an imitation firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence (robbery).
He has been remanded in custody to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court today.
- 1 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 2 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 5 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 6 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 9 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 10 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge