Man in court following armed robbery at service station
- Credit: Archant
A man is due in court today (Monday August 23) in connection with an armed robbery at a service station in Chatteris.
Police were called at 8.29pm on Saturday evening (August 21) with reports of a gun-point robbery at Applegreen Services in Bridge Street.
No one was injured during the incident.
Shane Richards, 29, of Treeway in Chatteris, was arrested in the town just after midday yesterday afternoon (Sunday August 22).
He has since been charged with robbery and being in possession of an imitation firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence (robbery).
You may also want to watch:
He has been remanded in custody to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court today.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 8 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel