Cops swoop on burgling pair at unoccupied house
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Constabulary
Two men have been arrested after an unoccupied house which has already “been targeted a couple of times” before was broken into.
Craig Stark and Jason Bywater, both of Chatteris, were arrested by Cambridgeshire Police after reports of a burglary at a house in Ring’s End.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesperson said: ‘Police were called at 12.48pm on December 29 to reports of suspicious activity in an unoccupied property in Ring’s End.
“Police attended and arrested two men on suspicion of burglary.”
A resident who lives nearby said a silver Peugeot 306 that was reportedly driven by one of the suspects was recovered by police at around 3.10pm.
“The lady who lived there died a few months ago and the house has been targeted a couple of times whilst empty,” said the resident.
The vehicle was seized but it is unclear what items were stolen from the house, which have since been recovered.
- 1 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 2 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 5 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 6 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 7 Pre-inquest reveals hedgerow visibility may have been issue in A141 crash
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge
- 10 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
Stark, 38, will appear at Huntingdon Magistrates’ Court today (Thursday).
Bywater, 54, has been released on bail to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court on February 25.