Charity box burglar's break-in attempt foiled by CCTV
- Credit: POLICE
A burglar who was caught on CCTV trying to break into a Waterbeach hairdressers less than a month after stealing a charity box from a salon has been jailed.
Terry Lewis, 45, of Fen Road, Cambridge, was caught unsuccessfully trying to jimmy the door of a hairdressers in High Street, Waterbeach on May 15.
This was less than a month after being captured on CCTV breaking into a beauty salon in Newmarket Road, Cambridge, stealing a charity box, a safe containing £40 and an iPad worth more than £800.
At Peterborough Crown Court on Friday (July 9) Lewis pleaded guilty to non-dwelling burglary and attempted non-dwelling burglary.
He was sentenced to two years and three months in prison.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Eitan Joseph said: “Lewis is an opportunist burglar who spares no thoughts for his victims.
"Thanks to CCTV, he is now serving a lengthy sentence in prison and we hope he’ll use this opportunity to turn his life of offending around.”
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 2 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 3 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 4 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 7 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Community fridge welcomes surplus food from farmers