Daughter warns of scamming after mum, 87, loses nearly £5k to roofing company
- Credit: Archant
A daughter is warning Cambridgeshire residents about recent scamming in the area after her mum lost nearly £5,000 to a roofing company.
The woman says the company has recently been putting numerous fliers through residents’ doors in March and the surrounding areas.
“They tried to scam my 87-year-old mother out of nearly £5,000 for roofing work she didn’t really need doing,” she said.
The woman believes that the company has only been set up for a week, and says the owner has “no experience of roofing at all”.
She shared what happened to her mum on social media, to make others aware of the situation and in hopes no one else is scammed by the company.
“The website is full of lies,” she said.
“He even tried to get my mum to go out with him to the cash point to draw out an advance of money.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 4 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 5 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 6 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 7 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 8 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 10 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
“Very charming guy but complete scammer.”
For more information on scamming, please visit Cambridgeshire Constabulary’s website and search ‘door-to-door and courier fraud’.