Cannabis plants worth £640,000 raided by police at property
- Credit: Cambs Police
Cannabis plants worth around £640,000 were discovered by police “glowing with heat” inside a property in St Ives.
Thermal imaging capability was used to detect the stash found by police and fire service crews in London Road.
Officers entered the property at around 11am yesterday (January 10) to find the plants secured in a room.
In a post on Policing Huntingdonshire, it read: “We were busy in St Ives yesterday combating organised crime on a large scale.
“Using thermal imaging capability, officers noticed a property on London Road, St Ives, glowing with heat.
“A cannabis grow with an upper estimated value of approximately £640,000 was discovered.
“Two persons remain in custody at this time.”
- 1 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 2 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 5 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 6 Pre-inquest reveals hedgerow visibility may have been issue in A141 crash
- 7 Couple up for the challenge as new high street shop launched
- 8 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge
- 9 House fire death in Whittlesey 'accidental'
- 10 Ram raids return with a vengeance