Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
Over £656,000 worth of cannabis plants were seized in Doddington.
Dried cannabis was also discovered when officers were called to a house in Fen View yesterday (Sunday), where a man, from London, was arrested.
Over 600 plants were found at a cannabis factory in the village, which police say are worth up to £656,425.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire police said: “At about 5pm yesterday (June 20) officers discovered a cannabis factory at a property in Fen View, Doddington.
“More than 600 plants were seized, as well as a large quantity of dried cannabis."
You may also want to watch:
The spokesperson added: “A 41 year-old man from London was arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis and he remains in custody.”
Earlier this month, it was reported illegal drugs were seized including £25,000 from a house in Whittlesey during a two-week police operation across Fenland and Peterborough.
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 4 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 8 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 9 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement