Audi crash in Burwell damages shop and two parked cars
- Credit: East Cambs Police
A driver who fled the scene of a collision has damaged a shop in Burwell.
The driver of a white Audi crashed in to two parked vehicles which pushed one into a local shop.
The impact caused damage to the window and wall and turned the other parked car 180 degrees.
This was one of two collisions over the weekend (March 26 to 27) where drivers fled the scene.
"[They] could have killed someone," said a concerned resident on social media.
Police reminded followers that that "leaving the scene of an collision is an offence" and "you could face prosecution".
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: "The driver of this white Audi has hit two parked vehicles in Burwell, pushing one into a local shop causing damage to the window and a wall and turning the other 180 degrees.
- 1 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Cannabis, cash and knives discovered after police raids in Whittlesey
- 4 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 7 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 8 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
"This was one of two collisions over the weekend where the drivers left the scene.
"Investigations are ongoing to identify them.
"Remember leaving the scene of an collision is an offence and you could face prosecution."