Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- Credit: Facebook / Chatteris Town Football Club
A football club has been left ‘disappointed’ after it discovered its toilet facilities had been smashed up by vandals.
Staff at Chatteris Town FC found toilets and sinks broken, doors smashed and toilet roll all over the floor at the Paddocks Ground this morning (Wednesday).
A spokesperson said: “The facility is mainly used by our youth section which has children playing from the ages of four to 15 years old.
“Unfortunately, games may have to now be cancelled due to the extensive damage.”
Staff believe the incident happened sometime between noon on Saturday October 23 and 9am today (October 27).
Since the club posted on social media to make others aware of the damage, many have commented offering their help for free.
One person said: “If you need any help with labour and getting things back to normal let me know.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 4 Happy Hares boss confident more progress is yet to come
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 7 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 8 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 9 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 10 Support on hand for those suffering from fuel poverty this winter
“I will happily volunteer my time!”
If anyone has information, please call Cambridgeshire Police on 101.