Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’
- Credit: Policing Fenland
“If you booze and cruise, get set to lose,” is the latest Fen Cops slogan following a string of drink-driving incidents across the county at the weekend.
Cambridgeshire Constabulary have reported “several incidents” over the weekend, with two drivers being charged in the Fenland area.
The first driver was charged with drink driving in Chatteris, after they blew 64 during a roadside alcohol breath test, just under twice the limit.
The second more shocking driver was charged in Wisbech after they blew a 155 at the side of the road, that’s over four times the legal limit.
“The limits 35, don’t drink drive,” said a Cambridgeshire police spokesperson.
You may also want to watch:
“If you’re planning on having a drink, make sure you’ve got a safe and legal means of transport before you pick up that first bevvie.”
For more information on drink-driving, the law and how to report information to police, visit: https://bit.ly/2RbBwbA
- 1 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 2 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 3 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 4 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 7 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 8 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 9 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 10 Tea rooms may become a bedsit