Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- Credit: Google Maps
A 19-year-old man ploughed into a parked car before abandoning his car and trying to flee the scene.
The man is thought to have hit his BMW car into a parked car near Rumbles Fish Bar on West Park Street, Chatteris on Sunday, October 17.
“The driver then drove down the road and the guy legged it as the car wouldn’t drive any further,” an eye-witness said.
“The BMW carried on driving along the street, past the BP garage about 400 yards afterwards.”
A girl who was in the stationary car at the time of the crash was “very shaken up” according to the eye-witness.
Cambridgeshire police said no injuries were reported from the matter.
“Police were called at 8:36pm to West Park Street in Chatteris following reports of a two-vehicle collision,” a police spokesperson said.
- 1 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 2 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 3 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 4 Jon serves up a painting fit for Her Majesty
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 7 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 8 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 9 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
- 10 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
“The road was blocked for a short period.
“A 19-year-old man has been reported for the offence of driving without a licence.”