Tip-off leads to drugs arrest at service station
- Credit: Cambs Cops
Forty wraps of cocaine were found on a man arrested at a service station last night (Friday).
Police say they were following up a lead from a member of the public when they made the arrest.
A man in his 30s was arrested by police at the BP service station in Dartford Road on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A drugs.
Fenland Police said the arrest followed the discovery of 40 wraps of cocaine on him.
The suspect was interviewed and later released from custody “while we continue the investigation,” said police.
You may also want to watch:
They urged anyone with concerns about drug dealing to use the force’s online reporting portal.
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 7 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 8 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 9 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement