Drunk mother who allegedly dropped child under arrest
- Credit: Police
A mother suspected of being drunk whilst looking after her child, ran from police when they called and jumped some neighbours’ fences.
An early hours anonymous call to police alerted them to the drunken mother.
A police spokesperson said: “We arrested a 38-year-old woman in the early hours of this morning after an anonymous call from a concerned member of the public
“The woman is thought to have been drunk in charge of her young child and also allegedly dropped the child on the ground in the street”.
Police said they paid her a call just before and arrested her on suspicion of being drunk in charge of a child.
“This was after a short chase on foot where she jumped fences of nearby gardens,” said the police spokesperson.
“The child is now being cared for in a safe environment.”
- 1 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 5 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 6 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 9 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 10 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
Police didn’t reveal the address but said it was in the centre of Peterborough.
“Do you have similar concerns?” said the spokesperson/
“Remember sharing any worries with us, no matter how small or insignificant they may seem, could make a huge difference to a child’s life.”
You don't have to be sure. Find out more here: