Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- Credit: Family
The family of a 35-year-old man stabbed in Wimblington say they are “devastated and struggling to come to terms” with his death.
The family issued a statement describing their feelings at the loss of a “fun-loving guy” who “enjoyed life to the full”.
Police say Nigel Ebbage was murdered at his home in Honeysuckle Close, Wimblington, last Thursday.
A post mortem examination concluded Mr Ebbage died as a result of stab wounds.
He was discovered at a house in Honeysuckle Close at about noon on Thursday (29 April) and was declared dead shortly afterwards.
In a statement, which his family released with images, they said: “We are all devastated and struggling to come to terms with Nigel’s death.
“He was a family man; he loved his children and family and would do anything for them.
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 3 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 4 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 5 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 6 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 7 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 10 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
“He was a fun-loving guy, always cracking a joke. He enjoyed life to the full. He loved the outdoors, especially his kayak.”
Mr Ebbage’s family have asked to be left to grieve in private.
Meanwhile, a man appeared at Huntingdon Magistrates’ Court on Saturday charged with Mr Ebbage’s murder.
Lance Woollard, 64, of Richmond Avenue, March, was remanded in custody and is due to appear again at Cambridge Crown Court today (Tuesday).