Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- Credit: Archant
A man from Chatteris has been charged with carrying a machete and imitation firearm in connection with an armed robbery in Wimblington.
Jaimie Collins, 35, was arrested on Sunday afternoon (May 16) at his home in Lancaster Way following reports of an armed robbery earlier that day.
He has since been charged with attempted robbery and armed robbery, including the possession of an imitation firearm, as well as possession of a machete in a public place.
Collins was remanded in custody to appear at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court today where he was bailed to appear at Peterborough Crown Court on June 15.
The victim, a man, was not injured.
You may also want to watch:
Eleven police cars with officers and armed support units attended the scene in Chatteris at around 11am on Sunday.
An ambulance was also called to the incident after Collins was tasered by police.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden