Van driver, 67, arrested after Cambs motorist, 26, killed in A45 crash
- Credit: PA
A 67-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following a fatal crash in which a 26-year-old from Cambridgeshire died.
The crash happened on the westbound carriageway of the A45 in Northamptonshire on Sunday (February 27) at around 10.25pm.
The young man from Cambridgeshire died at the scene after he was changing a wheel between Earls Barton and Great Billing before his car was struck by a van.
A spokesperson for Northants Police said: “A white Vauxhall Astra van was in collision with a silver Volkswagen Golf.
“It was stationary on the carriageway as the occupants changed the wheel following a puncture.
“As a result of the collision, a 26-year-old man from Cambridgeshire, sustained serious injuries and despite the best efforts of police officers and paramedics, was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
“Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or who may have dash-cam footage of the actual collision or either vehicle prior to the incident.”
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 4 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 5 Cannabis, cash and knives discovered after police raids in Whittlesey
- 6 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 7 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 8 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 9 Litter pickers find large meat cleaver at West End Park in March
- 10 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
Anyone with information is asked to call the Drivewatch Hotline on 0800 174615 or Northamptonshire Police on 101 quoting reference number 576 of 27/02/22.