Man in his 20s arrested on suspicion of murdering Miahi Dobre
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Constabulary
A man from Peterborough has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of 29-year-old Mihai Dobre.
Cambridgeshire Police said officers arrested a man in his 20s yesterday (Thursday, April 14) as part of their investigations.
Mihai, from Oundle Road in Peterborough, died on Wednesday, April 13 after he was shot in Crabtree, Paston at around 12.34am.
Mihai's family described him as a much-loved character.
"Mihai was a family man. He was well loved by his family and friends," a spokesperson said.
The man who was arrested is being held in Skegness Police Station, Lincolnshire.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesperson said: "Police were called at to reports of a gunshot being heard in Crabtree, Paston.
- 1 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 2 Level crossing set for morning closure at Norwood Road in March
- 3 March: Man charged with possession of a knife in public
- 4 Pictures show major lorry blaze on A16 near Cambridgeshire
- 5 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 6 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 7 Roads minister and North East Cambs MP open £17m Guyhirn roundabout
- 8 Exclusive look at photograph taken at RAF Warboys from IWM's new The Royal Family in Wartime book
- 9 Passengers 'thrown from seats' when train sped through Peterborough
- 10 Rush hour rail disruption between Peterborough and London
"Officers and paramedics attended the scene and Dobre was taken to hospital, however he was pronounced dead at 8.03pm the same day."
They added: "We are continuing to provide additional, dedicated patrols in the area from local neighbourhood officers."
Cambridgeshire Police is still appealing for witnesses.
Anybody with information about the gunshot in Crabtree and the death of Mihai can file an online report (https://www.cambs.police.uk/) or phone 101, quoting Operation Brecon.