Man charged following Peterborough murder
- Credit: PA
A man has been charged with murder, following the death of a man in Peterborough.
The incident occurred prior to 1.00am yesterday (Wednesday, June 29), when police were called to a property in Lythemere, Orton Malborne.
A man in his 60s was found having sustained multiple injuries.
The individual died shortly after being discovered by officers.
At the time, Cambridgeshire Police advised that they were treating his death as suspicious.
A full post-mortem will take place later today (Thursday, June 30).
A 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder at the scene.
- 1 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 2 Tea rooms left 'gutted' after daylight burglary
- 3 March Town Council's plans to demolish public toilets
- 4 ‘Strange looking candy floss...’ seized during police patrol
- 5 Man suspected of touching child outside supermarket
- 6 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
- 7 Mission to eliminate hepatitis C on target in town
- 8 'Do Not Travel' on trains to the North and Scotland for rest of day
- 9 6 years jail for man who lashed into brother with metal pole
- 10 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
He was taken to Thorpe Wood Police Station following the arrest, where he remained in custody.
Adam Merritt, 33, has since been charged with murder, and is due to appear at Huntingdon Magistrates’ Court this morning.
The alleged offender is also a resident of Lythemere, Orton Malborne, Peterborough.
Information about the incident can be reported online, or by calling the police's non-emergency number 101.