Man bailed after death of woman in Newmarket
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A 50-year old man arrested in connection with the death of a woman in Newmarket has been released on bail - with another man remaining in custody.
Officers were called just after 10.10pm on Saturday, August 7 to a property in New Cheveley Road.
An ambulance attended the scene but a woman, aged in her 40s, was pronounced dead a short time later.
A cordon remains in place while an investigation into the circumstances continues.
Early enquiries lead detectives to believe it was an isolated incident and that there is no wider threat to the community.
Shortly after the incident, police arrested two men from Newmarket - one aged 57 and another aged 50 - on suspicion of murder.
The 50-year-old man has now been bailed to returned to police on September 1.
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about the incident, is asked to contact the joint major investigation team at Suffolk police, quoting incident number 37/43271/21.
- 1 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 2 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 5 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 6 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 7 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 8 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Couple up for the challenge as new high street shop launched