Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- Credit: Archant
A man is suspected to have stolen “between £300-400” worth of alcohol as another distracted staff at an east Cambridgeshire supermarket.
An eye-witness said the men, believed to be around “25 to 30-years-old", were involved in stealing the items from the Co-op store on Wisbech Road, Littleport at around 5.40pm yesterday (Tuesday).
“The lady on the till shouted in frustration that there were loads of expensive spirits; only one man had the items as the other was distracting staff,” the eye-witness said.
“He then pretended to get something from the aisle, then I saw him run out with over £300-400 worth of spirits a minute after the other left.”
The eye-witness said one of the men left the store with two carrier bags of spirits and boxes of beers.
You may also want to watch:
“I saw two lads with masks on in the shop, one who was slim and dressed in black and the other in a white t-shirt,” they added.
“The other one who had drink had a head start and probably had the car running out of of the car park.”
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 3 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 4 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 5 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 6 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 7 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 8 How defibrillator access varies across the Fens and East Cambridgeshire
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
A Central England Co-op spokesperson said: "We can confirm that a distraction theft took place at our Wisbech Road store in Littleport on Tuesday.
"The members of staff on duty were unharmed and we are giving our full support to the police while they investigate this matter."
If you have any more information, contact Cambridgeshire police on 101 or online at: https://www.cambs.police.uk/report/Report.