March: Man charged with possession of a knife in public
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has been charged with possession of a knife in public after being arrested on The Avenue in March.
Jason Tice - of Bridge Street, Chatteris - was arrested just after 6.00pm on April 10.
He is alleged to have carried a knife on the March main road when police made the arrest.
The 48-year-old is set to appear at Cambridge Magistrates Court on June 10.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: "A man has been charged with being in possession of a knife in Fenland.
"Jason Tice, 48, of Bridge Street, Chatteris, was arrested in The Avenue, March, just after 6pm on Tuesday evening (10 April).
"He has since been charged with being in possession of a knife in a public place and has been bailed to appear at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on June 10.
- 1 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 2 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 3 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Jon serves up a painting fit for Her Majesty
- 5 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
- 8 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
"Anyone with information about someone who carries a knife can report it to police online."