Teenager’s motocross bike stolen in ‘violent assault and robbery’
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Constabulary
A teenager’s motocross bike was stolen after he was assaulted by the group of thieves with an iron bar, leaving him with "significant" facial injuries.
Police have branded the incident a “violent assault and robbery” and are appealing for information following the attack on Monday (May 3).
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We are appealing for information in connection with a violent assault and robbery in March last night.
“The 17-year-old victim disturbed a group of four men who were attempting to steal his grey and orange KTM 350cc SXF motocross bike just before midnight in West End.
“The group attacked the boy with an iron bar, causing significant facial injuries resulting in him needing hospital treatment.
You may also want to watch:
“The offenders are all described as white and aged between 17 and 20. They loaded the bike into the back of a dark coloured vehicle in Elliot Road before fleeing the scene.”
Anyone with information about the incident should contact police via their online webchat function at https://bit.ly/3vsiYDw quoting reference number 35/26713/21
Those without internet access should call 101.
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 6 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 7 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 8 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 9 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 10 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan