Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- Credit: Ben Jolley
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a woman at a house in March this morning.
Police were called at just after 3am today (Monday May 10) to reports of violence in Oak Tree Close.
Emergency services attended but the woman, aged in her 70s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 35-year-old man from March has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody at Huntingdon Police Station.
A police cordon is in place at the property and investigations are being carried out at the scene.
Detective Inspector Gordon Blair said: "I would like to reassure the public that we believe this to be an isolated incident and there will be an increased police presence in the area while our investigation continues.”
Those without internet access should call 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 6 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 9 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim