Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- Credit: Ben Jolley
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a woman at a house in March this morning.
Police were called at just after 3am today (Monday May 10) to reports of violence in Oak Tree Close.
Emergency services attended but the woman, aged in her 70s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 35-year-old man from March has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody at Huntingdon Police Station.
A police cordon is in place at the property and investigations are being carried out at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Gordon Blair said: "I would like to reassure the public that we believe this to be an isolated incident and there will be an increased police presence in the area while our investigation continues.”
Those without internet access should call 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 5 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden