Murdered Wimblington woman ‘died of stab wounds’
- Credit: Instagram
A Wimblington woman found dead in a house at Kettering had been stabbed, a post mortem has revealed.
Maddie Durdant-Hollamby was found by police shortly after 1pm last Friday.
The body of a man, Benjamin Green, was also found in the same house.
“Preliminary post-mortem reports show Ms Durdant-Hollamby died of stab wounds, and Mr Green of self-inflicted knife wounds,” said a spokesperson for Northamptonshire Police.
“The death of Ms Durdant-Hollamby is being treated by detectives as murder, and no-one else is being sought in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
“Both families have been informed of the findings and continue to be supported by specialist officers.”
Senior investigating officer, Detective Chief Inspector Joe Banfield, said: “Our investigation into the deaths of Maddie and Ben continues, and a file is being prepared for the coroner.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 3 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 9 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 10 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
“We continue to ask that the media leave the families and friends of Maddie and Ben to grieve in peace, and cease any efforts to contact them at this desperately sad time.”