Car stolen from ‘kind and gentle’ Hermes driver found burnt-out
- Credit: Go Fund Me / Damian Allison
A car stolen from a well-known “kind and gentle” Hermes driver whilst he was out delivering parcels has been found burnt-out.
Named locally as Bill, the courier had his 2005 Ford Galaxy stolen yesterday (March 12) mid-delivery in Parson Drove near Wisbech.
The popular parcel delivery man “is in bits” after losing his only mode of transport in the incident, leaving him out of work.
One resident said: “[The car] was stolen from Parsons Drove with parcels in it [while] the old man was delivering. He is in bits and was only doing his job.”
The silver car was later discovered burnt-out and a friend has now launched a Go Fund Me page to raise £1,000 to buy Bill another car.
Damian Allison, crowd fund creator, said: “The car had been recovered but burnt-out in front, which means he is now off the road and can’t work.
“To all the people who know him, he is the most kind and gentle man you will ever come across.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 3 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 4 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 5 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 My boss, the Prime Minister, is not a liar, says MP Steve Barclay
“All I ask is a donation to get him a new vehicle so he can carry on his daily deliveries.
“All help would be appreciated, many thanks in advance."
To donate, visit: www.gofundme.com/f/help-bill-get-back-to-work
Cambridgeshire Police has been approached for a comment.