Prolific suspected shoplifter in custody
- Credit: Police Fenland
Police used lyrics from a 1965 top selling single to announce they’d caught up with a 2022 top performing shoplifter.
Responsible for what they believe are more than 20 thefts from shops in the Wisbech area, police revealed today an arrest had been made.
‘Keep on runnin’, keep on hidin’, one fine day I’m gonna be the one that finds you’ was how Policing Fenland announced the arrest.
Police said the hunt for the offender had been going on for some time.
The hunt had involved the Wisbech Response Team, Volume Crime Team and Wisbech Neighbourhood Policing Team.
“All have been looking for a male who has been committing a lot of shopliftings across the Wisbech area in the last few months,” said the post to Policing Fenland.
And after quoting the lyrics from the number one record by The Spencer Davis Group, police added: “You can’t run for ever; one male currently in custody after being arrested by response on suspicion of 20 plus thefts from shop”.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 2 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 3 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
- 4 Man arrested after making threats to kill woman
- 5 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
- 6 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had undiagnosed Alzheimer’s’
- 7 Man who glassed another man in the head after a fight jailed
- 8 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 9 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
The post concluded: “Enquiries are ongoing.”