Police find suspect hiding in a cupboard
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a man for missing court appearances - after he was found hiding in a bedroom cupboard.
Officers went to an address in Manea this morning (Tuesday) to arrest the man who was wanted for three counts of failing to appear at court.
As there was no answer when they knocked on the door, an enforcer was used to enter the property.
A post on the Policing Fenland Facebook page said: "Officers knocked very hard and very loud but couldn't seem to get anyone in the house to come and speak to them.
"Thankfully they had their big red key with them.
You may also want to watch:
"Just the sight of it and the door was miraculously opened and the man was found hiding in a bedroom cupboard."
It ended: "He was arrested and will now be attending his court appearances."
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 5 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 6 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year
- 7 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip
- 8 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 9 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal