Police find suspect hiding in a cupboard
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a man for missing court appearances - after he was found hiding in a bedroom cupboard.
Officers went to an address in Manea this morning (Tuesday) to arrest the man who was wanted for three counts of failing to appear at court.
As there was no answer when they knocked on the door, an enforcer was used to enter the property.
A post on the Policing Fenland Facebook page said: "Officers knocked very hard and very loud but couldn't seem to get anyone in the house to come and speak to them.
"Thankfully they had their big red key with them.
You may also want to watch:
"Just the sight of it and the door was miraculously opened and the man was found hiding in a bedroom cupboard."
It ended: "He was arrested and will now be attending his court appearances."
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 8 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal