Six arrested in drugs conspiracy investigation
- Credit: undefined undefined/iStock/Getty Images Plus
Five men and one woman were arrested in Cambridgeshire as part of an investigation into a drugs supply network operating in the Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire areas.
Detectives from the Eastern Region Special Operations Unit (ERSOU) seized significant amounts of drugs and cash.
Two men aged 36 and 47 and a woman aged 64 were apprehended in the Wisbech area yesterday (Tuesday) on suspicion of conspiracy to supply class A drugs.
Officers seized cash and around a quarter of a kilogramme of cocaine.
ERSOU had already arrested two men aged 33 and 34 on suspicion of conspiracy to supply class A drugs, and a third aged 30 for possession with intent to supply, in Peterborough on September 15.
You may also want to watch:
Half a kilogramme of cocaine and £30,000 in cash was also seized, along with further evidence of drug dealing.
Detective Inspector Ian Mawdesley, said: “These arrests represent a significant effort from a number of ERSOU’s teams."
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 4 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 5 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 10 Man who emailed Angela Rayner felt she was 'partially responsible' for death of Sir David Amess