Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- Credit: Policing Fenland
Suspected hare coursers got their 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first into a muddy ditch before being caught by police officers.
Police have been “making life very difficult for hare coursers” recently, stopping suspected offenders in Wimblington and Chatteris on Tuesday (January 19).
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at just before midday on Tuesday to reports of hare coursing in Hook Drove, Wimblington.
“Officers from our Rural Crime Action Team attended and one man was subsequently reported for hare coursing and dispersed from the county.
“We were called at 1pm on Tuesday with reports of a car in a ditch in an area of land off Sixteen Foot Bank near Chatteris.
You may also want to watch:
“The occupants of the car had ran off by the time the incident was reported. Officers attended and recovery of the car was arranged.”
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 3 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 4 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 5 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 6 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 9 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial