Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- Credit: Policing Fenland
Suspected hare coursers got their 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first into a muddy ditch before being caught by police officers.
Police have been “making life very difficult for hare coursers” recently, stopping suspected offenders in Wimblington and Chatteris on Tuesday (January 19).
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at just before midday on Tuesday to reports of hare coursing in Hook Drove, Wimblington.
“Officers from our Rural Crime Action Team attended and one man was subsequently reported for hare coursing and dispersed from the county.
“We were called at 1pm on Tuesday with reports of a car in a ditch in an area of land off Sixteen Foot Bank near Chatteris.
“The occupants of the car had ran off by the time the incident was reported. Officers attended and recovery of the car was arranged.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?