Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- Credit: Policing Fenland
Suspected hare coursers got their 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first into a muddy ditch before being caught by police officers.
Police have been “making life very difficult for hare coursers” recently, stopping suspected offenders in Wimblington and Chatteris on Tuesday (January 19).
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at just before midday on Tuesday to reports of hare coursing in Hook Drove, Wimblington.
“Officers from our Rural Crime Action Team attended and one man was subsequently reported for hare coursing and dispersed from the county.
“We were called at 1pm on Tuesday with reports of a car in a ditch in an area of land off Sixteen Foot Bank near Chatteris.
You may also want to watch:
“The occupants of the car had ran off by the time the incident was reported. Officers attended and recovery of the car was arranged.”
- 1 Rail travel in the Fens is going to be much nicer
- 2 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 3 Police accuse Wisbech mayor and pub landlord of 'insulting disregard' to licensing objectives
- 4 Two cars – including Range Rover – stolen overnight in keyless thefts
- 5 Nine years jail for paedophile who 'manipulated and exploited' teenage girls
- 6 'We can't stand still' - co-chairman on taking Whittlesey to next level
- 7 Motorist escapes serious injury after Sixteen Foot Bank crash
- 8 Man hospitalised with serious injuries after industrial accident
- 9 Jail for sex offender who went abroad and missed his appointments
- 10 Drunk and disorderly man ‘ashamed and embarrassed’ after arrest